commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Migrate commons-fileupload to Maven 2
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2006 05:57:26 GMT
+1 on the move to maven 2, but the site needs to stay consistent with
the other commons sites - i.e., if you eliminate navigation.xml, you
have to replace it with whatever the m2 equivalent is to get the
commons menus.  I think Dennis worked on this a while back, so there
should be some docs available on the wiki somewhere.

We also need to definitively settle the artifact naming conventions
and think carefully about the impact of relocating the fileupload jar.
 Maybe that has been settled and I just can't see it in the archives.
Could be we need to revive the thread that looks like it died on this
topic. I think what you have in the pom is correct, but we need to
agree on the org.apache.commons and commons-foo conventions.  Sorry if
I just missed this here or on repository@.

I also agree with Bill that dropping the m1 build immediatlely may
break other things that depend on it, so I am not too keen on dropping
m1 builds as soon as when we have m2 builds working.  It might be
best, if possible, to start using m2 to build the site and as the main
build tool (documented on the site), but continue to support m1 for
some time as developers (and CI systems) that depend on fileupload
migrate to m2.

You should also inherit from the commons pom, which is now 1-SNAPSHOT.
 That will bring in the apache POM.

Phil