commons-dev mailing list archives

From M <Throns...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [net] JSSE classes in FTPS WAS Re: [net] FTPS submission - legal issues
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 20:24:28 GMT

Hi Rory.

I tried the apache Jakarta FTPSClient to connect to filezilla ftps listening
on port 990.

When I use ftps.connect("localhost", 990); it does not get connected.

FTPSClient client = new FTPSClient("JKS","SSL","password","0","P");
System.out.println("*****");

client.connect("127.0.0.1",990);
System.out.println("*****");
client.getStatus();
System.out.println("*****");

Appreciate any tips.  Thanks.

Here's the code I downloaded from Apache Jakarta:

/*
 * Copyright 2001-2005 The Apache Software Foundation
 *
 *
 *     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * limitations under the License.
 */

import java.io.BufferedReader;
import java.io.BufferedWriter;
import java.io.IOException;
import java.io.InputStreamReader;
import java.io.OutputStreamWriter;
import java.net.InetAddress;
import java.net.Socket;
import java.net.SocketException;
import java.security.KeyStore;

import javax.net.ssl.KeyManagerFactory;
import javax.net.ssl.SSLContext;
import javax.net.ssl.SSLSocket;
import javax.net.ssl.TrustManager;

import org.apache.commons.net.SocketFactory;
import org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient;

/**
 *
 * This class extends {@link org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient} to add
 * the necessary methods that implement SSL/TLS-FTPS.
 *
 */
public class FTPSClient extends FTPClient {

	// Represent the method to the FTP command AUTH...
	private String sslContext;

	// Secure context (can be "TLS" or "SSL")
	private SSLContext context;

	private String pbsz;
	private String prot;

	private BufferedReader _controlInput_;

	private BufferedWriter _controlOutput_;

	/**
	 * Default constructor that selects some default options (TLS encryption)
	 *
	 */
	public FTPSClient() {
		this("JCEKS", "TLS", "password", "0", "P");
	}

	/**
	 *
	 * Constructor that initializes the secure connection.
	 *
	 * @param keyStoreName Type of instance KeyStore, JKS for Java 1.3 y JCEKS
for Java 1.4
	 * @param sslContext Type of the instance SSLContext, can be SSL or TLS.
	 * @param password The password to access the KeyStore.
	 * @param pbsz Protection buffer size (Use 0 to indicate streaming)
	 * @param prot The protection level for the data channel
	 */
	public FTPSClient(String keyStoreName, String sslContext, String password,
String pbsz, String prot) {
		this.sslContext = sslContext;
		this.pbsz = pbsz;
		this.prot = prot;

		try {
			KeyStore keyStore = KeyStore.getInstance(keyStoreName);

			keyStore.load(null, password.toCharArray());

			KeyManagerFactory keyManagerFactory =
KeyManagerFactory.getInstance(KeyManagerFactory.getDefaultAlgorithm());

			keyManagerFactory.init(keyStore, password.toCharArray());

			this.context = SSLContext.getInstance(sslContext);

			this.context.init(
				keyManagerFactory.getKeyManagers(),
				new TrustManager[] { (TrustManager) new FTPSTrustManager() }, null
			);
		} catch (Exception e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		}
	}

	/**
	 * @see org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient#connect(java.net.InetAddress,
int, java.net.InetAddress, int)
	 */
	public void connect(InetAddress address, int port, InetAddress
localAddress, int localPort) throws SocketException, IOException
	{
		System.out.println("***** In 1 ********");
		super.connect(address, port, localAddress, localPort);

		this.secure(this.pbsz,this.prot);
	}

	/**
	 * @see org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient#connect(java.net.InetAddress,
int)
	 */
	public void connect(InetAddress address, int port) throws SocketException,
IOException
	{
		System.out.println("***** In 2 ********");
		super.connect(address, port);

		this.secure(this.pbsz,this.prot);
	}

	/**
	 * @see org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient#connect(java.lang.String, int,
java.net.InetAddress, int)
	 */
	public void connect(String address, int port, InetAddress localAddress, int
		System.out.println("***** In 3 ********");
		super.connect(address, port, localAddress, localPort);

		this.secure(this.pbsz,this.prot);
	}

	/**
	 * @see org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient#connect(java.lang.String, int)
	 */
	public void connect(String address, int port) throws SocketException,
IOException
	{
		System.out.println("FTPSClient***** In 4 ********");
		System.out.println("Address=" + address);
		System.out.println("Port=" + port);
		super.connect(address, port);

		this.secure(this.pbsz,this.prot);
	}

	/**
	 *
	 * Initialize the secure connection with the FTP server, throw the AUTH SSL
o TLS command.
	 * Get the socket with the server, starting the "handshake" making the
socket, with a layer of securety,
	 * and initializing the stream of connection.
	 *
	 *
	 * @param pbsz Protection Buffer Size: "0" is a good value
	 * @param prot Data Channel Protection Level:
	 * Posible values:
	 * C - Clear
	 * S - Safe
	 * E - Confidential
	 * P - PrivateType of secure connection
	 *
	 * @throws IOException If there is any problem with the connection.
	 */
	protected void secure(String pbsz, String prot) throws IOException {
		this.sendCommand("AUTH", sslContext);

		SSLSocket socket =
(SSLSocket)this.context.getSocketFactory().createSocket(this._socket_,
this.getRemoteAddress().getHostAddress(), this.getRemotePort(), true);

		socket.startHandshake();

		this._socket_ = socket;

		this._controlInput_ = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(socket.getInputStream(), getControlEncoding()));
		this._controlOutput_ = new BufferedWriter(new
OutputStreamWriter(socket.getOutputStream(), getControlEncoding()));

		this.setSocketFactory( new FTPSSocketFactory(this.context));

		this.sendCommand("PBSZ", pbsz);
		this.sendCommand("PROT", prot);
	}

	/**
	 * @see
org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPCliente#_openDataConnection_(java.lang.String,
int)
	 */
	protected Socket _openDataConnection_(int command, String arg) throws
IOException {
		Socket socket = super._openDataConnection_(command, arg);
		if (socket != null) {
			((SSLSocket)socket).startHandshake();
		}
		return socket;