commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to make site updates?
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 21:14:39 GMT
Kris Nuttycombe wrote:
> One thing I'm finding with the site generation: the height setting for
> the breadcrumbs bar is fouling up the flow of both the pipeline and
> compress sites:
>
> #breadcrumbs {
>  background-color: #ccc;
>  border-top: 1px solid #aaa;
>  height: 13px;
> }
 >
> If I remove this height setting, the pages display fine. If I do not do
> so, the problem is that the navigation bar, since it's floated to the
> left, is getting wrapped up a line and is placed to the right of the
> last generation date.

I'll look into it.

> With respect to deployment, I think you may still be misunderstanding my
> question. In looking around people.apache.org, I noticed that all of the
> project sites are under /www - which is jakarta group writeable. Is this
> where I should put the updated pages for the site? I didn't see
> individual project directories in the SVN repository that you refer to
> below.

To create the site and deploy it to the production server you need to
run this command:

   mvn site-deploy

This will create the site locally, bundle it together into an archive
and upload that archive to people.apache.org. After that the archive is
expanded into the correct directory on the server.

After a couple of hours the site will be synced over to the production
machine jakarta.apache.org in this case.

> Thanks for your help,
>
> Kris
>
> Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>> The Jakarta site is a module of its own in svn:
>>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/site/
>>
>> Check the README-files for more info.

Dennis Lundberg