commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject [jelly] stream of XML fragments ?
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 20:06:04 GMT

Hello,

since  a while I'm considering the implementation of a reader for
log-like file formats, that is, for files that are xml up to a header
and footer. We use these in our ActiveMath system, typically, as log
files, where each new log entry is output as a new element.

 <loglike:parse url="a.xml" var="iterator">
  <loglike:header><![CDATA[<!DOCTYPE root SYSTEM "../dtd/xx.dtd">
    <root>]]></loglike:header>
  <loglike:footer><![CDATA[</root>]]></loglike:footer>
</loglike:parse>

<j:forEach items="${iterator}" var="elt">
  <!-- do someting with ${elt} which would be a dom4j.Element probably -->
</j:forEach>

Would anyone else take advantage of such parsing tags ?
It has the strong advantage of being streamed (these log files are
easily enormous) and still let jelly's ease of xml manipulations and
filtering.

paul