commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Configuration 1.3
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2006 15:31:37 GMT
Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> On 9/9/06, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
>> This is a vote for releasing version 1.3 of Commons Configuration based
>> on the second release candidate
> <snip/>
>>
>> ---------------
>> [X] +1  I support this release
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -0
>> [ ] -1  I oppose this release because...
>> ----------------
>>
> <snap/>
Hi Rahul,

thanks for your vote and feedback.

> I would like to, however, see the following fixed before the release:
>
> * Add maven.compile.source/target properties to the
> project.properties file itself (lesser chance of getting it "wrong")
I had some trouble with these properties when building with different JDKs:
- When creating the release build with a JDK 1.3 the compiler will
complain because it does not understand the source property. So I
dropped it.
- When building on a JDK 1.5 the compiler requires a source property
when a target property is set. So I also dropped the target.

Is there a better solution for this problem?

> * Ant build (I know its secondary, but still) produces an
> unacceptable jar file (no LICENSE, NOTICE, bogus MANIFEST)
Done!

> After the release, if you agree, we should address the checkstyle
> issues appropriately (which might include disabling a few rules etc.).
Fine with me.

Oliver