commons-dev mailing list archives

From Boris Unckel <boris.unckel....@gmx.net>
Subject [configuration] Surprising large dependency graph
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:43:54 GMT
Hello,

I just wanted to have a look at the structure and the design of commons
configuration. Most time I just
use eclipse, create a new project and download head from svn.

This time it was hard:
13 dependent libraries to get src and tests compile clean. I know I just
could use maven (currently just
maven 2 is installed) to solve this dependencies.

Is there anywhere a documentation (a picture) which compile time
dependencies are necessary for
commons projects? Is there any software architect who controls the
dependencies to avoid circular dependencies,
just allow a tree of dependencies and avoid a net of dependencies?

Regards
Boris