commons-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release [net] version 2.0
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:26:33 GMT
Rory Winston wrote:
> OK, seeing as we have reached some kind of consensus on how to handle
> backards-incompatible JDK releases, I'm restarting the vote for a
> release of Commons::Net 2.0 (the JDK 5.0 branch).
>
> As per usual, just respond with
>
> +1
> +0
> -0
> -1
>
> Thanks
> Rory

Sorry, Rory, but I think you need to express the consensus that you think we are
voting on.  You haven't done that.  "release of Commons::Net 2.0 (the JDK 5.0
branch)" doesn't get to the heart of all the issues.

1: Are there two "official" branches or is 1.4.x relegated to "backward
compatibility mode"?  I would insist that there be two branches until Sun puts
1.4.x into EndOfLife mode.

2. Is the site going to be organized to reflect the two branches?

If those two points are part of your "motion", I'm +1.  Otherwise, I'm -1.

Steve