commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] 2.2 RC1 rolled and ready for comments
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:37:26 GMT
On 9/20/06, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> - Should we be using viewcvs.cgi still now we are on svn? Or is there a
> viewvc.cgi?
>
> - Tasks xdoc needs Stringbuf removing.
>
> - The release notes mentions changes from 2.0 to 2.1, which it probably
> shouldn't.
>
> - jar manifest doesn't include the X-... attributes detailed in the
> release docs for the build JDK.

Will change the above tonight. I left the 2.0->2.1 so people could
figure out 2.0 to 2.2; but I was pretty vague on whether there was any
value in that.

> - there is no src-ide.zip in the binary download (io does this...)

I've no itch to do that - though I do want to make a src.jar and
javadoc.jar for the Maven-2 repository. I've been doing that by
pulling the src out of all of the commons distros and making jars,
rather than for just a single project.

> - the jar is getting a little porky, at nearly 250K.

3.0 and removing deprecations might help a little there.

Hen