commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Mantissa inclusion and copyright issues
Date Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:06:28 GMT
It looks like the Minpack license is a BSD license with an extended
warranty and liability section. I'll ping the legal-discuss mailing
list about it, but it looks fine to me. Just some government
boilerplate tacked onto a BSD license I think.

The Hairer license is as you say, a BSD-like license, so that's fine.

For both cases, we don't need software grants. Instead we put the
information in the NOTICE.txt file. I presume the original files you
took the code from had copyright statements at the top?

Hen