commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject [VFS] Towards RC8 (was Fwd: [VFS][compress] Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: <snip/>)
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 22:43:10 GMT
Message below forwarded at sender's (Mario's) request. Feedback welcome.

-Rahul

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mario Ivankovits <im@ops.co.at>
Date: Aug 1, 2006 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: [VFS][compress] Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project
commons-compress (in module jakarta-commons-sandbox) failed
To: rahul.akolkar@gmail.com

Hi Rahul!

> Mario - Anything I can do to help get the next [vfs] RC out per your
> two-jar proposal? (might not be immediate help, but doesn't hurt to
> know)

Sorry for my later answer, I am on vaction now.

If we go the two-jar way, the following needs to be done:
* copy compress sourcebase to vfs (using the svn copy command)
* rename the compress packages to get not in conflict with already
existing compress stuff
** I propose "org.apache.commons.vfs.ext.compress"
** refactor usages in vfs
* add a package info to org.apache.commons.vfs.ext.compress which states
that it is danger to use this package - it will be removed without any
warnings again
* configure maven appropiately to create the two jars where the sandbox
jar contains only smb and webdav, the rest goes to the normal jar.

If there is something you can/will do, I'll be happy.

Rahul: please forward my mail to the list too. The mail client I have to
use here is not smart enough to allow multiple identities and so I cant
post to the list. Hope this will change soon. Thanks!

Ciao,
Mario