commons-dev mailing list archives

From Aristo Togliatti <aristo.toglia...@svt.se>
Subject how to pass several parameters to the log method?
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:01:59 GMT
Hi!

I have a few java apps and need to implement some common logging
functionallities, I need all the applications to log to the same
destination and save the info for monitoring/analysys. I am using Log4j
and Apache commons logging and a jdbc appender. I need to log additional
infomation like the name of the application as well as user, timestamp,
etc... How do I pass these values to the log method, like log.debug
("SERVER1", "USER1", "message"), is it possible?

Thanks,
Iggy