commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: [nightly build] io id failed.
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 05:45:48 GMT
Hi Phil,

Phil Steitz wrote on Friday, August 18, 2006 3:28 AM:
> Hi Jorg,
>
> Sorry for the latency.  I have been out of pocket this week.  In
> answer to your question, I don't know, I just work here ;-)

:)

> Seriously, I think vmbuild.apache.org is a vmware box and the
> nightlies are running in a Ubuntu Linux image.  Here is what I get
> from uname: Linux vmbuild 2.6.15-23-server #1 SMP Tue May 23 15:10:35
> UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux

Yeah, I think so, too. The funny part about it, that previously the test failed that assumed,
that it could create a quite good number of unique ids within a time period and I really had
a hard time to find a good solution to compensate backward time shifts from the OS. Now the
opposite hapens! This time another test fails, because it simply assumes that it cannot generate
two ids within the same time slice (because the generator is configured in this way) ... and
is fooled by the OS shifting time forward ;-)

I'll modify the test to force the exception ASAP ...

- Jörg