commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [compress] Next steps
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 13:58:36 GMT
> i would like to start a discussion about the next steps of [compress].
> Now that the first code has been checked in, i would like to figure out
> what we have to do for a 0.1 release.
>
> Ideas:
> - - simplify the interface as Mario suggested

+1

> - - write the delete-features
> - - add recursivly files to the archivers

+0 ...let's better straighten out the interfaces first

> - - refactor and rename old methods and types in the "legacy" classes

IMO not required - it's still in the sandbox

> - - rebuild java doc?

You mean the site?

> Is this enough for a 0.1 release?

I think there is no such thing ...we are trying to work towards a 1.0.
Up until that it would probably just be 1.0-SNAPSHOT.

> Btw, i am not thinking that [compress] is a good name for this
> component- it does archiving aswell.

I like compress - people figure out what it does
...you cannot expect to cover everything with a name ;-)

cheers
--
Torsten