commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject [nightly build] m2 support - a little help, pls
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 03:21:07 GMT
I would like to add m2 support to the nightly build script, but am
still an m2 newbie, so could use a little help.  I thought that
starting with [csv] would be good, since the migration page lists it
as "done".   I have a couple of questions.

1. It seems to use pom inheritence, which I am sure someone will
convince me is a good thing, despite the fact that my first experience
with it is a build failure because of it.  How do I find and I guess
"install" the commons-sandbox-parent?  How do we indicate to users
that they are going to need to set this up for builds to work?  Do we
really need this?

2. Properties files seem to be replaced by settings.xml.  Is this
where we designate repo lists?  If so, can someone commit a
settings.xml.sample?

3. I assume that the reference to 'minotaur' in the
distributionManagement section of the csv pom should be changed to
'people'?  Once this is fixed, I assume "deploy" will work correctly
using the ssh key that the script is using to connect to people now.

4. The dist plugin seems to be gone and the release plugin looks like
it is really just aiming to deploy jars and tag releases.  Should I
use ant tasks to roll the distros manually or is there some m2 plugin
that will do this?

Thanks!

Phil