commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] After 2.2, what to add?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 17:10:10 GMT
On 8/1/06, Miguel Farah <miguel.farah@gmail.com> wrote:
> (I'm new here, so please be a little kind if I'm royally screwing up)

Welcome :-)

> Unaware of the existence of the lang component, I developed my own
> utilities classes/methods for my own use over the years. Now I see most
> of the effort duplicated stuff that already exists here... but not all
> of it.
>
> I think I can contribute new methods for string manipulation and text
> formatting, but I need to know wether some of my utilities have been
> considered previously and turned down, for any reason. Is there some
> sort of log with this information?

The best place to look is JIRA which we use for issue tracking:

   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG

Lang is approaching a 2.2 release -  you can see whats being planned
for lang under the "RELEASE PLAN" heading on the JIRA page above.

I wouldn't worry too much about "screwing up" - people are generally
helpful around here - so you could just post a message to this list
saying what you propose - or open JIRA tickets

Niall