commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Confluence and Jira client libraries
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 22:43:19 GMT

On Aug 1, 2006, at 12:53 PM, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> David Blevins wrote:
>> I made a couple libraries for manipulating Confluence and Jira
>> via  their XML-RPC front-ends.  Currently, I have them sitting here:
>> http://svn.codehaus.org/swizzle/trunk/swizzle-confluence/
>> http://svn.codehaus.org/swizzle/trunk/swizzle-jira/
>> Examples:
>> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SWIZZLE/Swizzle+Confluence
>> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SWIZZLE/Swizzle+Jira
>> I created these libraries by generating them with perl based on
>> the  XML-RPC defs for the respective xml-rpc services.  I'm
>> thinking here  might be a better home than my little project at
>> Codehaus simply  because at commons there'd be like 100+ people
>> who'd have access to  improve the library as opposed to just me.
>> So anyway, is this something people would like?
>
> As a general rule its pretty hard to get existing code accepted
> into commons. I've generally come to the opinion now that if the
> code is good enough and theres a buzz about it, then the users will
> find you wherever you're at.

Generally the code still needs work.  It's generated code, so it's
still rough but by far the best option out there for people who want
a java client to either confluence or jira.

I had to create it to get some work I was doing done.  Being the kind
of guy I am I decided it was about time someone just created a java
version of the entire API rather than just the part they needed, so I
did.  But now I'm sitting on a heap of code that is way more than I
personally need.

It works well enough, but to really use it you're going to want
access to the source.

-David