commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriele Bulfon <gbul...@sonicle.com>
Subject Re: VFS smb bug
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:39:23 GMT
Happy to help you out, as you all are helping me out with your great
libraries :)

I also developed a little wrapper to handle SSH Tunnels around VFS.
This will let me create a url such as :

tunnel://[user]:[pass]@[publichost]/[localport]:[privatehost]:[remoteport]/[any-vfs-url]

So, for example, if I have a customer public ssh-server, I will be able
to reach an smb server behind the firewall doing:

tunnel://pippo:pluto@www.customer.com/5139:winserver:139/smb://Administrator:pass@localhost:5139/ShareName

I was testing this some months ago and encountered a little problem, but
had no time to investigate.
I will get my hands on this again shortly, and will ask you again if needed.
Then, if you think this maybe interesting inside VFS, we may discuss a
final implementation.

Last but not least, tell me how can I contribute to your FAQ. I will be
glad to do it.

Have fun,
Gabriele.

P.S. is there any reason why vfs smb urls pointing to an XP machine
always fail?!