commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] maven group ids
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:14:04 GMT

I don't think so. I'm subscribed to repository@a.o and monitor that list.

>> > Now, the relocation guide below (thanks for that!) talks about
>> > resigning POMs etc., which basically means we need everyone who has
>> > signed a Commons release (POM) to participate here?
>>
>> While writing the guide I talked to Carlos about re-signing poms, and he
>> had never done that. So I don't think that it is necessary for us
>> either. What we do is add a relocation section to the pom, nothing else
>> is touched. Do we sign commons poms that goes to the Maven repo? I had a
>> look in the repo before and got mixed results.
>>
> <snip/>
>
> AFAIK, nothing should go into any of the Apache Maven repos unless its
> summed and signed. Commons has no particular privilege here, in fact,
> we should ensure that all artifacts are accompanied by appropriate
> metadata (I don't mean metadata.xml in the m2 sense). There are
> existing sums and sigs on some POMs atleast. It appears that even if
> its just a relocation section, it needs a resum and resign. If the
> consensus is that this adds an overhead for too many people, and is
> hence optional, thats another thing.

Checksums (md5 and/or sha1) yes, definitely. Signing, hmm well I'm not
sure. I haven't cut a release yet, so other will need to fill me in on
the current policy for signing or not signing poms. If this is
documented somewhere at Apache, please let me know, so that I can add a
link in the relocation guide.

> -Rahul
>

>> --
>> Dennis Lundberg