commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] maven group ids
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 20:08:47 GMT
Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> On 8/12/06, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
>> Oliver Heger wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > just wanted to ask if there is already a resolution related to the
>> > groupIds of commons components.
>> >
> <snip/>
>>
>> Everything is set to make the transition to the new groupId. I was
>> hoping that we could use the upcoming release of configuration as the
>> first release with the new groupId.
>>
> <snap/>
>
> Do we want to do this? Shouldn't we transition all of Commons together
> (as Tomasz implies in previous post, and just like we did with the
> JIRA transition). Suboptimal if folks have to look up which components
> have migrated yet, there are different groupIds for Commons components
> in the same POM etc.

We should do all of commons, I agree, but I think it would be wise to
start with one component and see that everything works as expected. Then
we do the rest all in one big transition.

> Now, the relocation guide below (thanks for that!) talks about
> resigning POMs etc., which basically means we need everyone who has
> signed a Commons release (POM) to participate here?

While writing the guide I talked to Carlos about re-signing poms, and he
had never done that. So I don't think that it is necessary for us
either. What we do is add a relocation section to the pom, nothing else
is touched. Do we sign commons poms that goes to the Maven repo? I had a
look in the repo before and got mixed results.

--
Dennis Lundberg