commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] maven group ids
Date Sat, 12 Aug 2006 16:06:25 GMT
Oliver Heger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just wanted to ask if there is already a resolution related to the
> groupIds of commons components.
>
> [configuration] is preparing for the next release. ATM the pom defines
> the new groupId "org.apache.commons". Should we go with that (which
> additional work would this cause?) or would it be better to revert to
> "commons-configuration"?
>
> Thanks
> Oliver

Everything is set to make the transition to the new groupId. I was
hoping that we could use the upcoming release of configuration as the
first release with the new groupId.

I will do the necessary work to relocate this and previous releases of
configuration, once the release has been made, so that the transition is
as transparent as possible to downstream users. More info on what steps
need to be taken can be found here:

   http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-relocation.html

--
Dennis Lundberg