commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [nightly build] m2 support - a little help, pls
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:41:57 GMT
Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> Henri Yandell wrote:
>> Feel free to use [csv] as a test case if you want. I'm ready to delete
>> the maven-1 stuff and be fully on maven-2; I just deployed the site
>> from maven-2 and it looks good.
>
> It does look a little different from current commons proper styling
> though, eg. [lang].
>
> Note the larger bar below the header, and the lack of underlines in the
> left navigation.

There are two ways we can go to alter the site appearance in Maven 2:

1. Easy route: add css and use a custom velocity template

2. Solid route: create a commons skin [1]

It's easier to go with 1 to start with. It can be turned into 2 later on.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/creating-a-skin.html

> We may choose to change the style at this point, however we shouldn't
> loose the ability to add ApacheCon images easily, currently achieved via
>  a linked remote css file.
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/MavenWebsiteStucture
> (there may be a better way than this in M2)
>
> Stephen

Dennis Lundberg