commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] Recent changes
Date Sun, 06 Aug 2006 05:24:32 GMT
Hi Rahul!
> I've removed the [compress] dependency for now by inlining some
> classes in [vfs].
Great! Thanks!

> Package scoped them in the respective provider
> package, which IMO might work better than asking folks not to use API
> from some package
Yes, works better.

> Haven't given any thought yet to configuring m1 for the smb/webdav
> bits, perhaps put them in a extras/ sibling of src/ for now, out of
> the way?
If you mean with "out of the way" that we do not build a jar for it,
than I am not in favor of this solution. I'd provide a binary download
for this stuff too. However, having a extra directory structure is fine
with me, in fact, I also like such a solution more than having some
tricky exclude/include stuff for m1. Just, some maven stuff for the
build process should be there.
Regarding the naming, I prefer the name "sandbox/" than we can reuse it
for future use.

Ciao,
Mario