commons-dev mailing list archives

From Boris Unckel <boris.unckel....@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [logging] Tapestry and JCL
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 17:55:10 GMT
Hello,

Simon Kitching wrote:
> If I were writing a 1.4+ library or app, I'd just use java.util.logging
> directly.
>
> Which reminds me: is the JULI implementation of the java.util.logging
> API (used in tomcat) available as an independent library? If not, maybe
> it is worth extracting it as a project of the logging.apache.org group?

this is exactly what x4juli ( http://www.x4juli.org ) does:
Combine the advantages of Tomcat JULI (Support of "per Classloader
Logging / configuration and avoiding memory leaks"),
port the configuration, appenders and goodies of log4j,
and implementing a native version of JCL and SLF4J (Different to a
static/dynamic bound wrapper, the X4JULI Logger does implement the
interfaces).
http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/x4juli/trunk/src/java/org/x4juli/logger/X4JuliLogger.java?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

Currently I am spending 12-16 hours per day at my company and have no
time to develop and release a new version,
but may be in September/October. The current SVN trunk does not work, I
had to stop my development for mentioned reasons.
The version 0.6 does work, even when there is a problem in the samples
with the binaries.

Regards
Boris