commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] 2.2?
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 05:59:35 GMT
> On 8/16/06, Gary Gregory <ggregory@seagullsoftware.com> wrote:
> > FWIW, here are some test results for test.time I have:
> >
> > Compiled with Sun Java 1.4.2_12:
> >
> > - test.time has 1 failure with Sun Java 1.3.1_15
> > - test.time passes with Sun Java 1.4.2_12
> > - test.time passes with Sun Java 1.5.0_08
> >
> > Doing the same above with the code compiled with Sun Java 1.3.1_15 yield
> > the same results. This is all on Windows XP SP2 and Ant 1.6.5.
>
> Wish I could get JDK 1.3 to work on a Linux box. Both my Debian Sarge
> (hardly a new distro) and Ubuntu laptop have glibc errors. Must grab
> the IBM version and see how it goes.

Grabbed the IBM SDK for 1.3 and when running Ant I get compile time
errors. Lovely:

    [javac] error: The encoding null is not supported
    [javac] /home/hen/apache/jakarta-commons-proper/lang/src/java/org/apache/commons/lang/StringEscapeUtils.java:494:
cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : variable HTML40
    [javac] location: class org.apache.commons.lang.Entities
    [javac]         Entities.HTML40.escape(writer, string);

(and a bunch more of the same type of error within Entities).

Hen