commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jci] [javaflow] parent pom?
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:05:21 GMT
> Henri Yandell wrote:
> >>
> >> Is it available from the official repos?
> >
> > Not yet; I'll make sure jci/javaflow work happily then go ahead and
> > get things in motion to put them on the official repos. Once there
> > I'll commit the jci/javaflow changes.
> >
> > I guess it's a release; so needs a vote etc to get it pushed up.
>
> We just had a vote about this on maven-dev and decided to vote on the
> releases of parent pom(s).
>
> > Continuing with the strategy - once sandbox is looking good, the targets
> > become:
> >
> > * investigating m2 distributions
> > * nightly build support of m2
> > * migrating the commons site
> > * removing the m1 build system
>
> Let me know what I can do to help...

Taking the lead on m2 distributions would be much appreciated. I think
there are two steps there:

1) Make it so m2 dists look the same as m1 dists; ideally putting the
config in the parent pom.
2) Make it so m2 dists can support JDK 1.2/1.3 building and
potentially replace the Ant dists.

The first being short term, the second long term. Use the sandbox
projects that are hooked to the parent pom as your sandbox.

Alternatively - the Commons skin stuff you mentioned. Personally, I'd
like to see us happy with the sandbox projects and the m1 builds
removed there before we commit the commons-proper projects to an m2
migration.

Hen