commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] VariableFormatter - pre 2.2
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 19:46:14 GMT
For my part....

On 8/1/06, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de> wrote:

> +1 for the name StrSubstitutor.

I'm ambivalent on the name. I've always called this introspecting, but
we killed that name a while back so I'll take anything.

> Well, I guess I have no chance to convince you to get back to Object as
> result type for the resolver interface? Hm, for [configuration] I can
> probably live with this, but it may cause unnecessary conversions.

I can't see Objects working well in string substitution unless you add
the concept of formatting, and that takes us one step further down the
road to a full on velocity clone or some such.

${date:"hh:dd:mm"} or whatever.

Something to consider adding in a later release, but the basic
substitution is probably a good start.

Hen