commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [convert] Project restart ?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 07:08:57 GMT
On 7/31/06, Andres Almiray <aalmiray@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ugh! I hope you feel better by now.

Not much :)

I'd like to see commons-convert get a restart though - it's
functionality I've needed many times and come up with various
intentionally non-generic solutions (having seen how bogged down the
generic solution can get).

> In the meantime I've been reshaping the original code
> from json-lib to be more friendly.

What are your thoughts on the current API in commons-convert? It's
much simpler to start with that and start improving that to get a new
codebase + software grant added in.  Is it much the same, or is there
a critical design difference?

The last one of these I knocked up was:

public interface Formatter
    Object format(Object input);
    void setPattern(String pattern);

and

public interface Parser
    Object parse(String input, Class type);
    void setPattern(String pattern);

With a user's hat on, looking at commons-convert - I'm quite confused :)

Hen