commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriele Bulfon <gbul...@sonicle.com>
Subject Re: VFS smb bug
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:51:28 GMT
Happy to help you out, as you all are helping me out with your great libraries :)
I also developed a little wrapper to handle SSH Tunnels around VFS.
This will let me create a url such as :
  tunnel://[user]:[pass]@[publichost]/[localport]:[privatehost]:[remoteport]/[any-vfs-url]
So, for example, if I have a customer public ssh-server, I will be able to reach an smb server
behind the firewall doing:
  tunnel://pippo:pluto@www.customer.com/5139:winserver:139/smb://Administrator:pass@localhost:5139/ShareName
I was testing this some months ago and encountered a little problem, but had no time to investigate.
I will get my hands on this again shortly, and will ask you again if needed.
Then, if you think this maybe interesting inside VFS, we may discuss a final implementation.
Last but not least, tell me how can I contribute to your FAQ. I will be glad to do it.
Have fun,
Gabriele.
Gabriele Bulfon - Sonicle S.r.l.
Tel +39 028246016 Int. 30 - Fax +39 028243880
Via Felice Cavallotti 16 - 20089, Rozzano - Milano - ITALY
http://www.sonicle.com
Da: Mario Ivankovits <mario@ops.co.at>
A: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Data: 28 agosto 2006 13.09.12 CEST
Oggetto: Re: VFS smb bug
Hi Gabriele!
> I think I found a very simple bug inside the VFS code implementation
> for SMB.
Yea! And you did a VERY good work in locating where the problem is.
Thanks alot!
> I had hard times finding documentations about it, but after a bit of
> hacking inside the source code I could find how to do it.
It would be great if you add your insights to the faq:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/VfsFaq
I coded this stuff during the last hackaton at the ApacheCon Dublin, but
- as always - I am lazy in writing documentations :-(
> - the ones missing credentials will be authenticated by my authenticator
> - the other ones will use the url encoded credentials.
> What do you think?
Yes, I think you are right. I changed the code so that any information
provided by the url will override any data from the authenticator,
though, even if you provide all required informations the authenticator
will be called anyway ... room for improvements ;-)
Thanks for the time you take to figure this out.
Ciao,
Mario