commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all][scxml] Version 0.5 RC2 available
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:54:58 GMT
On 7/19/06, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks good to me.
>
> The only question I have is over how the dependencies are marked in
> project.xml for maven2. I'm a newbie wrt to maven2 but seems like the
> the servlet and myfaces dependencies should be optional rather than
> provided (also maybe el and jexl?).

<snip/>

Correct, they should be optional. The "required" ones are:
 * JCL
 * Digester
 * One expression language of choice (say JEXL)
And any transitive dependencies thereof.

It is my understanding of POM version 4.0 that a dependency may be
declared as having provided scope and being optional, so I've just
added the optional elements (without removing the scope elements).

You may have noticed that the m2 pom.xml is not included in the source
distro. Thats because:
 * I haven't tried it (its origins are on Wendy Smoak's wiki -- she
had posted a pointer here at some point)
 * Commons releases don't contain m2 files yet

> Niall
>
> P.S. I corrected the mail archive links, hope you don't mind.

<snap/>

Bah ;-) Thanks for the many changes w.r.t build/site
L&F/manifests/typos you've made to many components lately.

-Rahul