commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Splitting the mailing list
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 01:03:26 GMT

> Is it as important for contributors?  If I understand it correctly,
> the idea of this change (a bunch of projects seem to be moving this
> way) is that the developers see exactly what they used to see and the
> contributors get a less spammy list and thus get more involved.

It also allows people to choose not only what they receive, but how.
Email isn't the only way to 'subscribe' to the lists, you can also get
the Atom feed from the ASF mail archives, or use a forum interface
like Nabble.

(I'd keep dev@ for discussion only, and send wiki diffs to commits@.
While we're on the subject, will there be CI server notifications?)

Thanks,
--
Wendy