commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Putrycz, Erik" <Erik.Putr...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
Subject [JCI] RE: JCI, JDT and Tomcat/JBoss
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:47:47 GMT
I believe the compiler links somehow to a particular version of an
interface... Even if the methods signatures are the same, if the
interface is different, I'm not sure it links correctly.

The error I had with JDT 3.1 was
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.CompilationResult.getProblems()[Lorg/e
clipse/jdt/core/compiler/CategorizedProblem;

What I'm not sure is what would be the best way to solve it... Just add
a different compiled version of the eclipse plug-in or create a
different plug-in?
The problem in making a different compiled version is that it won't be
easy to run the test suites against both versions. It would be nice to
create different classes and maybe have a way to select inside JCI the
appropriate version.

Btw, another change I would suggest in JCI is to remove all static
caches. Static caches can cause memory leaks in webapps because of the
different classloaders involved... Although this seems to me unlikely to
happen with JCI, I don't think there would be much loss of functionality
by removing them.

Cheers,

Erik Putrycz, Ph.D - Research Associate / erik.putrycz@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca /
(613) 990 0681
Institute for Information Technology - Software Engineering Group
National Research Council, Canada - Building M-50, 1200 Montreal Road
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA K1A 0R6