commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Putrycz, Erik" <Erik.Putr...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
Subject JCI, JDT and Tomcat/JBoss
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 23:00:57 GMT
I've been having some issues lately with JBoss Rules running inside JBoss AS. JBoss Rules uses
JCI as backend for compiling the rules.

The JDT plugin for JCI is compiled against the version 3.2 of JDT but JBoss and Tomcat contain
version 3.1 of JDT.

I downloaded all the SVN sources from the trunk and I copied and modified the eclipse project.
The modified eclipse project compiles all fine without any source code change with JDT 3.1
and by using the obtained jar JBoss Rules seems to work fine in JBoss AS.

I'd be willing to contribute to JCI and to add out of the box compilation with Tomcat with
a plugin.

Would anyone be interested?

Erik Putrycz, Ph.D - Research Associate / erik.putrycz@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca / (613) 990 0681
Institute for Information Technology - Software Engineering Group
National Research Council, Canada - Building M-50, 1200 Montreal Road
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA K1A 0R6