commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JCI] RE: JCI, JDT and Tomcat/JBoss
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:48:43 GMT
> I believe the compiler links somehow to a particular version of an
> interface... Even if the methods signatures are the same, if the
> interface is different, I'm not sure it links correctly.

That sounds rather bizarre to me ...I will investigate a bit

> The error I had with JDT 3.1 was
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.CompilationResult.getProblems()[Lorg/e
> clipse/jdt/core/compiler/CategorizedProblem;

Thanks for the pointer

> What I'm not sure is what would be the best way to solve it... Just add
> a different compiled version of the eclipse plug-in or create a
> different plug-in?

My initial idea was to have one codebase with a detached release cycle
for the the compiler modules. So we would have a 3.1 and a 3.2 branch
of the plugin.

> The problem in making a different compiled version is that it won't be
> easy to run the test suites against both versions.

But you are right testing-wise it would be not that perfect . On the
other hand ...if you consider them different artifacts ...don't know

> It would be nice to
> create different classes and maybe have a way to select inside JCI the
> appropriate version.

Problem is that a 3.1 and a 3.2 compiler most likely won't work in the
same classpath.

> Btw, another change I would suggest in JCI is to remove all static
> caches.

Can you elaborate what you are referring to? Not aware of any statics
...execept the singleton instances.

cheers
--
Torsten