commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [modeler] Cutting a release for Commons Modeler
Date Sun, 16 Jul 2006 16:48:27 GMT
> * Checksums all pass for me.
> * tar.gz and zips contain the same content.
> * src build happily rebuilds using 'maven jar'
>
> Other things to do on this RC:
>
> * PGP sign the RC dist files.
> * Add yourself to the modeler KEYS file.
> * Include the jar in with the dist files (signed). This'll go into the
> m1 repository. Also include the pom (signed).

When did we start requiring signing the jars in addition to the
distro?  Maybe you mean hash?  None of our published docs require sigs
on jars inside distros. It seems like overkill to me to sign parts of
a distro seprarately from the whole distro and this will require
hacking outside of what maven can do simply. I saw the jar in the
binary distro, which is all that needs to contain it, IMO.