commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jira usage
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 04:36:07 GMT
> Just wanted to mention how I've been doing things in Jira for LANG.
>
> My aim is to make it so every issue in a project has a version set for
> it. For Sandbox, read component instead of version - less need to
> manage things there.

Wow.  Much more organized than the tradition j-c process: code a bit,
suggest release, decide which bugs to "fix later", crank release,
start again...

Given that Jira supports this pretty easily (modulo email spam
annoyance), I think what you are suggesting is a good idea.  I will
try to get this going for [math] and [dbcp]. I will no doubt screw
some things up in the process.  Please be kind but clear letting me
know what I am doing wrong.

One more thing along these lines.  I can't remember where I saw an
intelligent explanation of how we should use "closed" vs. "resolved"
in Jira.  I guess a reasonable approach given the above strategy would
be to wait to close until the fix version is actually released, unless
the closing is "won't fix" or "invalid" (in which case, there is no
fix version). Is that right?

Phil