commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Nightlies are back...mostly
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 16:27:28 GMT
> On 7/6/06, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 7/5/06, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Have added csv. How do I go about hooking it up, doesn't look as
> > > though it worked last night?
> > >

> > The script was not creating directories on the deploy host for new
> > components, so it failed the first time.  I fixed that and it ran
> > successfully last night.
>
> Thanks Phil.
>
> Any thoughts on having the Maven ones do a snapshot deploy to the
> snapshot repository?

Would be easy to do, but before doing it, we need

1) Verify that this is OK from repository@ standpoint. I have sort of
lost the thread on that list and don't want to do anything
inconsistent / illegal.  Probably should ask there and get agreement,
unless I am just out of the loop and others are already doing this.

2) Need to decide whether we want dated snaps or just overwriting.  If
the latter, we would need a way to purge old stuff (like the crontab
that runs on Minotaur that purges out the old nightly distros).

3) Ensure that the deploy target hosts are set correctly in all of the
POMs - maybe modify the script to check to avoid accidental
deployments to java-repository.

4) Someone needs to remind me (or just patch the script) of the
correct maven 1 target to execute. (jar:snapshot-deploy or somesuch).

5) I either need to get over reservations about signing myself, or be
OK with no sigs.  Is it OK to deploy unsigned stuff to the snapshot
repo?   The same actually applies to the zips, tars being generated by
the script now.

Phil