commons-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Konstantinov ...@iu6.ru>
Subject [JCI] gsoc report
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:13:26 GMT
Hey guys,
here's my report of what i've done  for Google Summer of Code
(project JCI) during last month.
The ' to-do' for me was to create a implementations for the following
compillers:

  o javac
   o jikes
   o pizza
   o jruby
   o jpython

Since I'm sure that of those five Javac is the most important, i was
mostly concentrated on designing a interface for it. I'm almost
through it - here's what i've done:
  - a configuration class for Javac to which you can pass a number of
parameters (just as you can do with Ant as you know)
  - feature that supports parsing of  compilation results for javac
  - since JCI uses resource reader and you don't physically have
files in your access - while javac needs them - i've wrote a class
that emulates file respond when you request a Resource Reader

Along with all mentioned above, I've began to design a maven plugin
for JCI. So far I can start in, but the difference among confgurators
of different JCI  compilers remains the main problem here. I think of
creating a factory that processes configuration of all those
compilers from maven config

So here's my plans for the following several weeks: I plan to start
working on the net compiler (that would be jikes), and along with
that I wlll proceed on creating that factory for maven.

Peter