commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [vfs] split of vfs
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:14:52 GMT
Hi!
> Then why not split that further and have
> commons-vfs-bz2.jar etc...
Yes, this is something Vincent Massol also told me to do.
The reasons I wanted to go down to two jars are:

*) each jar will have its own release cycle, means, we have to vote for
each artifact, no? I think the number of mails in commons-dev is already
high enough ;-)

*) I have the feeling that maintaining it is way too much work for me
now, say, building all these releases, checking them and so on.
Once VFS again has a significant number of developers (or its own
release manager) such a structure might be manageable.
I know that it will be the nicer structure, but should a commons project
have such a complicated structure, I guess no.
Maybe it might work better if VFS is a TLP (or at least out of commons)
with its own mailing list and so on, though, not sure if/when this will
happen. The lack of developers is definitely a NoNo for this.

Ciao,
Mario