commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@joda.org>
Subject Re: [lang] VariableFormatter - pre 2.2
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 01:14:25 GMT
I have reworked the VariableFormatter class along the lines that I was
thinking. I have committed it as StrSubstitutor so it doesn't clash for
the moment and so it can be easiy reviewed.

This version does not have a separate parser class, but still supports
escaping, and matchers for prefix/suffix (which can now be set by
users). The new class should perform better as a result.

I have removed the edge cases wrt resolving Objects, as they were rather
  ill-defined.

Otherwise, the basic functionality it supported, and the test case is
slightly enlarged. I still want to break out the resolver as a public
abstract class before release.

Opinions

Stephen