commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas De Loof <nicolas.del...@capgemini.com>
Subject Re: [all] maven2 pom.xml files of commons
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:30:05 GMT

> Commons does not have pom.xml for its components. Them pom files you
> find at the repositories (i.e. ibiblio) are converted by a piece of
> software from our (Maven 1) project.xml files. This conversion is made
> automatically. We are able to add some comments in our project.xml
> files to fix some of the conversion problems.
>
> So a couple of examples would be nice. Then I can check to see what
> the problems might be and if/how we can solve them.

Maybe the maven project.xml 2 pom.xml converter may consider maven1
properties that have a direct equivalent in maven2 ?
For example, if junit is refered as :
<dependency>
   <id>junit</id>
   <version>3.8.1</version>
</dependency>

this <scope> property has no effect on maven1 but is valid and adds
documentation to dependency use. It can be converted to the <scope>
element in a maven2 pom.

This can be a way to "help" the converter when a project is aware of
beeing used by maven2 users but doesn't use it itself.

Just my 2 cents...

Nico.