commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] maven2 pom.xml files of commons
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:06:45 GMT
Joerg Hohwiller wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I used maven2 and a lot of the maven commons in some projects.
>
> To me it seems that there are various mistakes in the POMs of some projects of
> the commons. The major one is that "junit" is added with scope "compile"
> (default) instead of test. I gues this comes from the ugly maven1 world.
>
> Actually it is kinda bad that tons of users need to fix this "bugs" by declaring
> exclusions for them what makes the dependencies even more complicated.
> It would be a lot easier to fix this once in the source of the problem.
>
> Are you already working on this?
> I would be very pleased if you could fix this.
> If you need an exact list of all problems I discovered, please let me know...

Commons does not have pom.xml for its components. Them pom files you
find at the repositories (i.e. ibiblio) are converted by a piece of
software from our (Maven 1) project.xml files. This conversion is made
automatically. We are able to add some comments in our project.xml files
to fix some of the conversion problems.

So a couple of examples would be nice. Then I can check to see what the
problems might be and if/how we can solve them.

--
Dennis Lundberg