commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] Nightlies are back...mostly
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 04:34:19 GMT
On 7/07/2006 2:11 PM, Phil Steitz wrote:
> So hashing (which maven does) is as much as we can really practically
> do automated.

Yep (and this is only for transport integrity, not the authenticity of
the source).

> # Repository to deploy snapshots
> maven.repo.apache.snapshots=scp://cvs.apache.org
> maven.repo.apache.snapshots.directory=/www/people.apache.org/repository
>
> I assume I can also specify these with -D on the m1 command line?

Looks right, might also need a private key and username if the defaults
aren't what you wanted.

> Also, the target is "jar:deploy" right (assuming all have -SNAPSHOT in
> trunk version)?

Yes.

> This last bit raises an issue that I had to hack around for [scxml]
> and that we might want to consider standardizing - all trunk POMs have
> -SNAPSHOT version names.  This means that RCs *must* be built from
> branches.  Personally, I think that is a good idea.

Pretty much. The release plugin actually puts the release rev# on trunk,
but immediately bumps it up to the next snapshot and commits again. Both
are good alternatives as long as trunk stays as a snapshot when it has
the possibility to change.

- Brett

--
Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org/