commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] VariableFormatter - pre 2.2
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 06:30:12 GMT
On 7/23/06, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> I have reworked the VariableFormatter class along the lines that I was  thinking. I have
committed it as StrSubstitutor so it doesn't clash for  the moment and so it can be easiy
reviewed.

>  This version does not have a separate parser class, but still supports  escaping, and
matchers for prefix/suffix (which can now be set by  users). The new class should perform
better as a result.

>  I have removed the edge cases wrt resolving Objects, as they were rather   ill-defined.
>
>  Otherwise, the basic functionality it supported, and the test case is  slightly enlarged.
I still want to break out the resolver as a public  abstract class before release.

>  Opinions

Oliver, Gary, Tom?

Looking to get Lang 2.2 moving out the door and this is the only blocker.

Hen