commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [logging] Tapestry and JCL
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 20:08:37 GMT
On 7/28/06, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> Tapestry is thinking of switching to SL4J instead of Jakarta Commons
> Logging:

I've been meaning to ask... is there really much reason for a JDK 1.4+
application/library to depend on commons-logging?

Sure you could argue that log4j is more powerful, but the same could
be said of ORO. Increasingly people just aren't going to care. We're
starting to talk about moving to 1.3 so we can get the regexp support
without a dependency ([io] for example), when do we start talking
about 1.4 so we can drop the commons-logging dependencies?

Hen