commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Splitting the mailing list
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:52:38 GMT
On 7/22/06, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> But, YMMV - the Maven lists are significantly busier than commons.

That wasn't my feeling - we're not very busy at the moment but
generally I thought commons-dev was one of the busier lists at the
ASF.

Comparing:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-dev/

and

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-dev/

Maven-dev hit real heights with 4000 emails a month at the end of 2005
- it's now down to 600 or so. An active Commons back in 2003/2004 was
hitting 2000, though it's interesting to note we're still heading
towards the 2000s whenever we get active (and I don't think we've
really got that active yet).

My thinking is that over the next 6 months we should be doubling the
number of active committers - I need to do some svn logs but I suspect
there are 5->10 currently and it used to be 10-20. It'd also be
interesting to analyse what our numbers would drop to if we split
lists.

Hen