commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Splitting the mailing list
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 00:42:27 GMT
> I would rather that we find a way to reduce the JIRA noise, but only
> the part of it that really is noise.  The real JIRA notifications and
> commit diffs are as important as the other stuff on this list -
> certainly as important as this message ;-)

Is it as important for contributors?  If I understand it correctly,
the idea of this change (a bunch of projects seem to be moving this
way) is that the developers see exactly what they used to see and the
contributors get a less spammy list and thus get more involved.

Especially useful for Commons I think as it should be such an easy
project to contribute to (very simple code by and large) and we've had
a distinct failure to ease contributors in.

Hen