commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Release commons-jelly-tags-interaction 1.1
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:21:06 GMT
On 6/19/06, Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org> wrote:
> I hereby request to vote about the release of the jelly subproject
> "interaction tag library".
> The details of the release plan are below.
> I would like to please request a vote for 36 hours, ie. till Wednesday
> 14:00 GMT.
> +1 [ ] yes, let's do it
>  0 [X] let it happen... but I can't really check
> -1 [ ] don't do it because...

<snip/>

Regardless of what Jelly has been doing in the past, IMO its a good
idea to have source distributions for any release, given which one
would be able to (atleast after meeting certain pre-requisites)
effectively reproduce the release binaries. Why don't Jelly taglibs
have accompanying source distros?

Note we had a similar situation in Jakarta Taglibs which AFAICT has
since been remedied. Also, a gentle reminder to please tag SVN (as
previous Jelly releases have done).

Since I've not participated in the discussion so far, and wasn't
around to bring this up earlier for the last three days when the plan
(below) was posted, I will vote 0. I will also encourage you to leave
votes open for atleast 72 hours (instead of 36).

Thank you for your time towards this release.
-Rahul