commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Dion Gillard" <dion.gill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r416153 - /jakarta/commons/proper/jelly/tags/COMMONS-JELLY-INTERACTION-1_1/
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 00:18:45 GMT
On 6/22/06, Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org> wrote:
> Dion Gillard wrote:
> > Don't we have tags at the taglib level for Jelly?
> Nope... but that's quite ok or ?
> > That seems a whole lot of stuff for a single taglib.
> What do you mean ?

Typically the svn structure would look like this:

jakarta/commons/proper/jelly/jelly-tags/interaction/trunk
jakarta/commons/proper/jelly/jelly-tags/interaction/tags
jakarta/commons/proper/jelly/jelly-tags/interaction/branches

But for some reason in Jelly, we have all these branches and tags for
the entire project, even though the taglibs are separate source code
from the core.

Maybe this is something we need to talk about: what is the proper svn
structure for a project like Jelly with many modules/subprojects?

> svn cp is the only way to tag so I cp the whole project. It only
> consumes my (temp) directory space, not even the server which stores as
> deltas anyways.
>
> paul
> > On 6/22/06, polx@apache.org <polx@apache.org> wrote:
> >> Author: polx
> >> Date: Wed Jun 21 15:59:04 2006
> >> New Revision: 416153

> >> Log:
> >> Tag for the release 1.1 of Jelly-Tags-Interaction.
> >> paul
> >>
> >> Added:
> >>     jakarta/commons/proper/jelly/tags/COMMONS-JELLY-INTERACTION-1_1/
> >>       - copied from r416152,
> >> jakarta/commons/proper/jelly/trunk/jelly-tags/interaction/

Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light. Not because Chuck Norris is
afraid of the dark, but because the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris