commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Dion Gillard" <dion.gill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jelly] [vote] Release commons-jelly-tags-interaction 1.1
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2006 02:27:25 GMT
On 6/17/06, Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org> wrote:
> robert burrell donkin wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 23:07 +0200, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> >
> >> The story seems quite simple so I thought I'd just ask for a vote sorry  if
too stressed.
> >> The interaction jelly tag-library is now ready for release 1.1.
> >> It has been recently boosted with a finer control on auto-completion,  and maven
console plugin is using it successfully. Thanks to give it a try* and provide a vote.
> > is this a vote on the idea of releasing (in other words, a release plan) or on actually
cutting a release?

> > if it's an actual release vote then i'd like to be able to check a
> > release candidate before casting a vote...
> >
> I'm trying to return to this... but am getting drowned in time.
> I would like to request votes to release jelly-tags-interaction.
> I have followed Preparations to release and can judge the following steps:
> - I'm nominated as release manager for this (because of last votes at least)
> - I am proposing a release plan (below)
>
> Here's the plan:
> - all issues with this tag-libs are cleared
> - no further changes are needed for the release... and almost no risk of
> concurrent change exist (hence no branch is needed).
> - the release shall, as with most jelly-tag-libraries, only produce jar
> files to be consumed from the maven repo at ibiblio and the repo at
> apache. No source or binary distribution will be made.
> - once the vote passed, I will simply update changes.xml and
> project.xml, tag the files, upload the jar to the Apache, submit a jar
> upload to iblio's repo.
>
> I have assembled the following release candidates...
> - a site with RC1 version tag:
>      http://people.apache.org/~polx/tmp/jelly-tags-interaction-rc1/
> - a jar which is the sole outcome of this subproject:
> http://people.apache.org/~polx/tmp/commons-jelly-tags-interaction-1.1-RC1.jar

I think we need to include a NOTICE file into the jar, right? The
license by itself isn't enough, from memory.

> Please tell me if that's enough to request a vote.

I'm +1 with the jar fix above.

> thanks
>

> paul

A source or binary distribution wouldn't hurt, but since most taglibs
are released without one, I'm +1.

Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light. Not because Chuck Norris is
afraid of the dark, but because the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris