commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vfs][all] nightly build changed?
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 05:33:18 GMT
> Making some progress here, thanks to patient assistance from Brett.
> We have a Continuum instance set up on the vmbuild machine and I am in
> process of setting the components previously set up for nightlies.  My
> plan is to start by just having Continuum do the svn ups and execute
> the Ant builds like the old nightlies.  I will add a little script to
> change names and scp the results to people.apache.org.  Over time, as
> and when things move to m2, the name munging won't be necessary and
> (hopefully) we will find a good way to move the artifacts or Continuum
> can just do that.  I know the struts people are looking into this.
>
> Sound good?  If I don't hear any objections, I will plow ahead with
> the plan above.  Shouldn't take too long.

Famous last words.  After digging into the details of the Ant-based
nightlies and conferring with Craig, I now think that it would be
*much* better, even before the maven 2 move (what? maven 2? ;-), to
use the maven builds for the components that have working "maven dist"
goals.  Given this, I could just as easily execute maven deploy goals
for these to the snapshot repo at http://people.apache.org/repository.
 If there are no objections, I will go ahead with this for the
components that have working maven 1 builds.

Phil